Print PDF Version of the below can be viewed HERE
Invite to participate in People Make Places: Sydney
We invite you to help us create a portrait of Sydney by creating something responding to the theme Sydney - "My City" in one of our Match Box Projects boxes. It can be anything that represents your own (experience of) Sydney, from an image to an object, a piece of writing, something made or something found...as long as it fits inside the box. Please read the following instructions. Works created in line with the below will travel with us in our exhibitions, locally and abroad to introduce Sydney through the eyes and hearts of her residents.
1. Find the matchbox we gave you.
2. Create something responding to the theme "Sydney - My City" inside the Match Box Projects Box
See above image. *Outside of box must not be worked on
• Boxes will be displayed horizontally, on its side, like a frame. Format of your work must be landscape (not portrait)
• Materials used must be safe to travel internationally eg no liquid, sharp objects, food, flora, fauna etc (nothing that cannot go through airport customs)
• Nothing can be loose inside the box - eg if an object, it must be firmly stuck inside the box.
• Only the inside of the box will be viewed (outside walls/back of the box will not - please do not colour or create anything on the outside of the box)
• Please do not include small fragments that tend to become unglued eg glitter.
• Work will be exhibited behind a frame, do not include anything that needs to be unfolded, sticking out of box etc
• Your work will be viewed in public spaces and must be be appropriate for all ages to view.
3. On the back of the box write your:
• Full Name
• Mobile phone number (if no mobile, home phone no)
• E-mail address
• Short Message about what you have created
• Where & when you received your box (if we hadn't done so already)
NB: please provide us with contact e-mails/mobile numbers you expect to have for at least 5 years. See 6
4. Delivery Points.
Dates will be posted on our news and/or blog pages.
or contact us to arrange a time to meet up:
Leanne: 0419 388 108
Naomi: 0410 331 600
When delivering your matchbox we will photograph you and your matchbox (minimum photography will include a photograph of you with your hands - see below image examples from Sydney Portrait)
Once delivered, your work becomes a permanent contribution to our portrait series as part of People Make Places. We will travel with it to other cities to introduce Sydney through the eyes of her residents. Please note by including your work in our project, you assign copyright of same onto us (Leanne & Naomi Shedlezki aka Match Box Projects), which automatically permits us to exhibit, photograph, video, publish and present your work in public/private exhibitions, in press, in print, in video/multimedia works/ catalogues, on our website/blog etc.
7. bARTer/ Exchange Gift
Please keep the cover of the box, and (if received) ticket stub, in a safe place. On completion of our Places Series we will contact you to present you with a souvenir to go inside your original cover - as an exchange/bARTer .
8. If you have any questions please call 0410 331 600 or e-mail email@example.com
If you have friends/family that would like to take part in our project, please let them know they are welcome to pick up a box when you deliver yours.
We are looking forward to receiving your matchbox and seeing you soon.
Match Box Projects (Leanne Shedlezki and Naomi Shedlezki)